Maximize Kingdom impact by giving appreciated securities instead of writing checks.
If you are currently writing checks to your local church and various ministries, but also have appreciated stocks or mutual funds in a taxable investment portfolio, you likely have a significant opportunity to pay less tax, give more, improve your personal cash flow, and simplify your giving.
Multiply Your Impact
• Less tax – You eliminate capital gain tax on the donated stock ($1,250 saved assuming $5k cost basis with 25% tax)
• More giving – You increase your giving capacity by eliminating current or future tax exposure
• Reset your cost basis – Still like the stock? Use your cash to repurchase the same stock or mutual fund
• Tax-free rebalancing – Your investment advisor can rebalance your portfolio with no tax consequences
• Improved personal cash flow – Using tax savings to give more increases your charitable deduction
• Tax-free growth – Gifts invested inside your Giving Fund can grow tax-free
Simplify Your Giving
• Deduct now, grant later – Receive a deduction this year while granting over time, if desired
• Leverage your time – One stock gift can be easily used to support multiple ministries
• Eliminate the hassle – Consolidate tax receipting under one charity (NCF) and manage all your giving online
If you have any questions, please call our office. We are always more than happy to help!